Yeah, that’s right. I think VW should buy Saab. Why? Here are my reasons.
1. SAAB hasn’t made a profit in years, and likely has debts. VW has a huge amount of money at the moment, and is one of the only companies that can absorb the debt AND has the ability to bring Saab back into the global auto market with shared platforms, new engines, and most of all a brand identity.
2. Volkswagen’s global auto empire. the Volkswagen Auto Group spans from Germany to Spain to Czech to Italy to all sorts of smaller conglomerates in China and South America, and what better international frontier than Scandinavia. Yeah, VW needs a Swedish side to it.
3. F*ck Koeniggsegg….BUY THEM AS WELL if you want.
4. Relaunch a Saab 900 on the VW Golf platform, as a smaller, more practical solution built with a SAAB image……and with SAAB personality.
5. Launch the ‘new’ 9-5 (which i love the styling of….) on a VW/AUDI platform (A4 or A6?).
6. Make it a specialized brand with profitability and character.
7. Cancel silly developments like those Saab SUVs that GM was doing….
8. IEDEI told you to.
COME ON VOLKSWAGEN! you know you want some Swedish in yer.